Instructions: How To Collect An Asbestos Sample
- Use a small “zip-lock” bag to contain the sample. The bag should be clean and dry.
- Before taking the sample, wet the material to be sampled with a fine mist of water containing a few drops of detergent (this will minimize the release of asbestos fibres).
- Using a clean knife, cut out a small piece of material about 2 square inches or approximately 2 tablespoons worth and put in it the zip-lock bag. Be sure to penetrate any paint or protective coating and make sure you sample all layers of the material.
- Tightly close the sample bag and wipe the exterior with a damp paper towel to remove any material which may have adhered to the bag during sampling.
- For pipe/boiler/duct insulation, patch the location from which the sample was taken by carefully applying a generous amount of adhesive aluminum foil tape.
- Mist with water and carefully fold up the plastic sheet. Clean the work area using a damp paper towel or disposable cloth, not a vacuum cleaner, and seal the asbestos waste, gloves, mask and cloth in a plastic bag. Check with your local municipality on how to dispose of asbestos-containing waste. Wash clothing separately and shower after completing the work.
- Label the sample bags identifying the specific location of the sample in the room or structure, and who took the sample.
- FILL OUT THE ONLINE FORM BELOW
- Enclose all samples in a large zip-lock bag and mail it into Enviro Tek (ADDRESS BELOW).
Mail All Samples to:
PO BOX 581315
MINNEAPOLIS, MN 55458
Pricing Is $29.00 Per Sample With 24 Hour Turnaround
Online Mail In Asbestos Testing Form
Fill out the form below in its entirety and click submit.
Youll receive an email with a copy of your form and so will we.
Got Questions? Live Chat with us (look towards the bottom right of your screen for the green Chat/Message Box)